Skills Training for Persons with Disabilities
Our Mission is to provide quality vocational education to Persons with Disabilities to enable them to function as creative and productive citizens
- The Abilities Foundation is a registered voluntary organization and a community Training Intervention Institution with Heart Trust/NTA. The Foundation was established in October 5, 1992 as a result of passionate lobbying efforts of members of the disabled community in Jamaica who recognized the need for a specialized vocational education and training programme to serve all types of disabilities. Its existence is a collaborative effort of the Ministry of Labour and Social Security.
- To increase the employability of Persons with Disabilities
- To teach young adults with disabilities good work ethics and to facilitate their social and emotional readjustment to ensure effective integration into the wider society
Persons with Disabilities are among some of the most socially and economically disadvantaged in the Jamaican society and the foundation seeks to enable them to develop their full potential.
- Furniture Making
- Data Operations Level 1 and Level 2
- Design and Decor/Soft Furnishing
- Horticulture and Landscaping
- Customer Service Level 2 (NCTVET)
- Cosmetology- Nails Technology and Makeup Artistry (Specialized 7-month course)
In addition, we offer a functional Life Skills curriculum which focuses on the trainees’ transition to the work force, Remedial English and Mathematics, Money Awareness and Money management.
Job Coaching and job placement are also offered free of cost to students at the completion of their training. We have implemented a tracking system to monitor students after graduating from the institution. Professional days are highlighted when students are given professional development seminars from industry professionals.
For further information on the registration process and other services, please visit link : www.abilitiesfoundationja.com